Sunday, March 24, 2013

Postscript - Adventure of the Slavers

Extracts from the diary of Brother Rowan:

----
It is to my great surprise and relief to discover that Brother Jacor is alive! After he had succumbed to the spider's venom, I had thought him dead. I then went on a mad charge against the slavers that ended in my captivity. Fortunately, the young lass that we had rescued brought relief from the Temple. They found that Brother Jacor, while unconscious and paralyzed, still had a breath of life in him. They managed to nurse him back to health. The One be praised!
----

----
I have returned today from an assault on the slavers' stockade in the swamp. When I made my return and reported their whereabouts, the Prefect mustered our knights to march upon the slavers. Alas, our venture would prove anti-climatic. Alarmed by their master's death, the slavers abandoned their stronghold. When we arrived, the place was as quiet as a tomb. We presume that the unfortunate captives have been sold downriver to the slave lords of Talmatia. Because they enjoy the protection of the wicked Queen of Doria, our Temple has no influence in that benighted realm and we can do nothing for the victims at this time. I do hope, however, that we can strike a blow against the slavers in the future.
----

----
Just a note that the abandoned mansion that served as the slavers' hideout in the city has been cleaned out. It has fallen to the care of the Temple. I believe the Prefect intends to turn it into a hospital. It will be pleasing to see the place associated with good rather than evil doings.
----

No comments:

Post a Comment