Sunday, July 17, 2016

Descent into Darkness

An Adventure using Four Against Darkness
Part 1

From the Chronicles of Maudicor
From our headquarters at the main Temple in Scotsile, servants of our Lord are often sent on missions across the divided lands. Recently, my party embarked on such a mission. The Temple received reports of dragon activity in the mountains north of Elgram.

My comrades and I were assigned to investigate. We tracked the dragon to a lair cut into the side of the mountain. Below is my map of the complex.

We could see an exit further up the mountain (clearly the way that the dragon made its way into the dungeon) but we entered through 2 large stone doors. Initially, we only encountered various types of vermin, such as vampire bats and frogs (1-3). We found an armory (4) but needed no weapons. A fountain (5) provided magical healing but we were as of yet unhurt.

After brushing aside some more vermin (6-7), we entered a room with a long entrance corridor (8). In the room itself, we could see a treasure chest. Carelessly, we entered, triggering a trap. A large boulder fell from the ceiling. The others managed to dodge it, but it glanced off my shoulder. I could feel pain surging through me. Wynne bandaged me the best she could.

We backtracked and then proceeded along an empty, winding corridor (9). We entered another room (10) and discovered an ogre! We attacked the beast. I cast a lightning bolt that knocked it back. Aganon used the opportunity to strike, causing another wound to the monster. The ogre lashed back and Aganon staggered. But he returned to the fray and struck the ogre again. Wynne followed and smashed it with her mace.

Now, the beast plowed through the party and swung at me! I could not avoid the blow and was sent reeling across the floor. Seeing me incapacitated, Aganon rushed over and stood over me to protect me. The ogre swung his massive club but Aganon deflected the blow. He struck back while Kyda moved behind and stabbed the ogre from behind. It collapsed with a mighty thud.

After the battle, Wynne felt a surge of holy power; she knew that the Lord had blessed her by increasing her skill. We rummaged the room and I found a staff that casts fireballs.

From there we backtracked again, entering a second door in the winding corridor.

What will the party find in this room. Learn next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment